Monday, January 21, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday (4)

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

So this weeks topic is: Top Ten Settings I'd Like To See More Of (Or At All)

It honestly doesn't matter to me where a book is set, but these are a few I'd like to see more of:
  • The Bay Area
    • I live here and I love reading books about cities and places I've been to and know well.
  • College
    • I just started my first year in September so reading more about it would be cool. I guess they wouldn't really be considered YA anymore though? 
  • A Deserted Island
    • I recently watched Blue Lagoon: The Awakening and fell in love with the idea. I think the only book I've read set on a deserted island is Lord of the Flies by William Golding.
  • London (past or present)
    • I'm in love with a city I've never visited so anything set in London is an automatic read for me.
  • Underwater
    • I've always loved mermaids, but anything under the sea would be cool even if they weren't involved. 
  • Road Trips
    • I don't know about you, but I LOVE road trips and all the stuff people can get into when on one.
  • Portugal
    • I'm Portuguese so reading books set there would be awesome!
That's really all I could think of...lol

22 comments:

  1. It was hard to choose. There are so many things that matter more to me than the setting, but I agree with London. Love that city.

    Here's mine

    ~Danica Page

    Taking It One Page at a Time

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great ones. Deserted island books have always been fun in my experience.

    Marissa @ Rae Gun Ramblings

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had college/university on my list, but WHY did I not think of road trips? That would be wicked awesome...

    Bree :)
    My Top Ten @ Coffee Bean Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd recommend Wanderlust and In Honor. Both are road tripish. I like the idea of a book set in Portugal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome, thank you! I'll definitely check those out :)

      Delete
  5. There are lots of fantastic non-YA college books - have you read The Secret History' by Donna Tratt?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I just added it to my TBR list though! Thanks :)

      Delete
  6. Good list, I'm interested in reading stories set underwater and on road trips as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have island towns on my list, but a deserted island would be cool too! I totally loved the Lifetime version of Blue Lagoon... but then again I'm a sucker for Lifetime movies! I definitely need to find more cool books set in college, I don't really know of that many :(
    Thanks for stopping by My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! That movie inspired me to add deserted islands to my list. I really loved it too.

      Delete
  8. Both my co-blogger and I picked London, we loved the Mortal Instruments and the setting!

    Our TTT @ The Quiet Concert

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great list. I love to read about London in the past.

    Thanks for stopping by on my TTT

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm finished with my undergrad work, but I cannot get enough of college! It's such a fun time full of self-discovery!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I said Portugal as well. The same reason too. :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would love to see more set in college! I just started my first year as well. I also adore under water books!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    Annie :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've seen "Underwater" on several lists this week. I'd love to dive in (lawl, pun!) to that genre, but so far I've only seen YA books that don't have very good reviews. Have you read books in that genre that are worth recommending?

    Here's my TTT for the week. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'd love more college books-- it's being defined more as NA these days, but it was such a turning point in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Bring on more road trips! Great list :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Road trips, of course! Portugal, unique. Underwater, absolutely! I could go on. I love your list :)

    My TTT: http://blueskyshelf.blogspot.com/2013/01/top-ten-tuesday-settings-id-like-to-see.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. We had some of the same settings! Yay for underwater and London! I would love the Bay Area too. :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Portugal! That's definitely a country I'd love to see more books set in too

    Great list, thanks for dropping by my TTT last Tuesday =)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE getting and reading comments. Knowing what you guys have to say really helps me figure out if you are enjoying what I'm posting or not, so thank you.